Throughout the course of our lives, we usually encounter people who help us in our endeavors that help us reach goals and dreams that otherwise might not have been possible without their involvement. These people might be friends, family members, coaches, co-workers or even complete strangers.
I have been fortunate enough to have had several people in my life that have helped me in unimaginable ways to experience the things that I have within the sport of triathlon.
It is with this in mind, that I present the first of several new programs that are in the framework over the next several years as Dark Horse Triathlon evolves into a full-service coaching operation.
Each year moving forward, we will have at least one sponsored athlete amongst our stable. The selected athlete will receive one year of free coaching as part of Project Emerge.
Coree Woltering, of Ottawa, IL will been representing Dark Horse Triathlon as its sponsored athlete for the 2014 season. Coree has been a part of the Dark Horse crew for a little over a year now and he has made great strides in all three disiplines. We look forward to helping Coree get to Ironman World Championship 70.3 in Mont Tremblant and 2015 ITU Age Group World Championships in Chicago. You can follow Coree’s season on his blog at http://coreewoltering.blogspot.com/ and on twitter @GCXC13
"I am very thrilled to be selected as a Dark Horse athlete for 2014! Coach Steve knows how to push and challenge his athletes to get the best out of them, and I am grateful to have this opportunity", said Coree upon learning of his selection.
The application window will be open from November 1 through December 15th of each year. If you are interested, please answer the following questions in an email to email@example.com. The application window for the 2015 calendar year is now closed .
1) Describe how you got involved in triathlon.
2) How are you involved in your local triathlon community?
3) Have you previously been involved with a triathlon team, club or sponsor? If so, please describe.
4) Do you have any sponsors lined up for 2014? If so, please list and describe your obligation(s).
5) What are some of the things you enjoy most about triathlon?
6) What are some of the challenges you’ve faced/overcome while training and racing?
7) Please provide your significant triathlon race results.
8) What have been your most notable race experiences?
9) What is your proposed race schedule for 2014?
10) Describe your involvement with social media.
11) What are your short and long term goals with regard to triathlon?
12) Why are you the ideal athlete to be supported by Dark Horse Triathlon for the upcoming season?
13) Please feel free to share anything else you would like us to know about you to help with your decision making process.